A soulful guest Mix by Electic, United States.
He’s just a passionate music lover and collector. Not professionally connected with the music industry, he does this to promote myself, but rather to share the creativity of sometimes lesser known artists with a broader audience.
Electic record his mixes while browsing through tunes from various styles of exceptional music, hence, ec·lec·tic.
We very much appreciate how Electic always tastefully puts its mixes together. All mixes are unique, some kind of special and always of good quality.
This beauty starts with a great Rhythm and Blues track by Ike & Tina from 1970 and continues through artists unknown to me, such as Willie Walker. Walker was reared in Memphis, where he soaked up the local gospel and soul vibes of the Bluff City. He switched to singing soul and R&B, several times returning to Memphis to record.
Annette Snell was a member of a vocal backing group, the Mar-Vells. In 1968, Snell left the group to go to New York, and then to Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue a solo career. “Love Connection” is from 1973.
Another highlight of the mix is The Sweeteens “I’m Your Woman (You’re My Man)” who can be found on the compilation “Can’t Be Satisfied – The XL And Sounds Of Memphis Story”. A beauty is James Carpenter as he breathes into the microphone “Marriage is only a state of mind” … lovely
“Is It Right” aswell was new to us from Kevin Burton’s which can be found on a few compilations. A real groover.
But the breaker is for sure Joe Hicks with “Life And Death” from 1970. He found limited success in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Hicks recorded an album for a subsidiary label of Stax Records. Damn good.
I would like to thank Electic for sharing this beauty.
Michel from Funkologie.
- Ike & Tina Turner – Too Much Woman (For A Henpecked Man)
- Willie Walker – Two Paces Ahead Of Love
- Shelly Fisher – St James Infirmary
- Scott Brothers – Gotta Get Away From You
- Annette Snell – Love Connection
- Barbara West – You’re No Good
- Roger Collins – Foxy Girls In Oakland
- Barbara Mason – What Am I Gonna Do
- Sugar Pie DeSanto – Straighten It Out With Your Man
- The Sweeteens – I’m Your Woman (You’re My Man)
- Betty Wright – All Your Kissin‘
- James Knight & Butlers – Fantasy World
- James Carpenter – State Of Mind
- Apple & Three Oranges – My Love Needs Your Love
- Joe Arnold – Soul Trippin‘
- Kevin Burton & Peace – Is It Right
- Joe Hicks – Life And Death
- Billy – Put Your Own Words To It
- Cheyenne – Come Back To Me
- Dennise LaSalle – Love Addict